Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Monday, March 19, 2012
A couple of days late with the St. Patty's day photos, but this was another busy weekend.
More clearing out of closets, basement, attic —and another five huge bags of donations gathered up. It's amazing how much junk I have saved deep down in the closets. Exhausting, but what a liberating feeling afterwards! I'm almost addicted to it. I can't wait to have every little nook and cranny cleaned out. Soon the house will be completely clutter free!
Still had time for some good ol' family fun and our traditional corned beef & cabbage at the in-laws house.
Friday, March 16, 2012
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
I keep on telling myself I need these. Stat.
J. Crew Toothpick Jean in neon persimmon, $125.00 @jcrew.com
I love days like this.
1. Spring is unofficially here (a crazy 73F and sunny in New York City today)
2. I got a 5 second glimpse of cutie pie Miranda Kerr leaving the building across the street from my office. (I was secretly hoping her hottie hubby Orlando Bloom would be with her, but no such luck) [pic proof above =)]
3. I found the necklace I have spent months looking for at Ann Taylor. It's sold out every where, but I managed to find one last one on 5th avenue. And it was 40% off!
4. Met a new girl at work who just happen to be not only from Sweden, but actually from Scania! My neck of the woods! Plus, her boyfriend is from my little village back home. With just 9,000 inhabitants, what are the chances of that!
5. And to top it all off, I had an amazing client meeting that felt like a giant group hug.
How does it get any better than that!
Another 15 minutes on the train, and then I'll be home with my two favorite people. I'm thinking dinner, a glass of wine and a nice juicy British mystery on PBS. Yep, that's right people, we are the mystery nerds!
Monday, March 12, 2012
Sunday, March 11, 2012
With spring is just around the corner, we started to make plans for the garden. For a while we were thinking of building a screened in porch,but I think that idea has been put on hold for now. Too many things to do already. I found this beautiful dark brown all-weather wicker sofa and chairs that I really, really want for the back yard. And since there won't be a porch this year, if we could just get a deck built, I would be in heaven!
Back from a few beautiful days in Mexico—it's amazing what a few days in the sun can do for the soul. I feel completely rejuvenated and ready for spring! Of course, as always, I could have stayed for another few days if it wasn't for our little love bug at home. Luckily we came home to spring time temperatures in NYC. The day before yesterday was actually 70F!
An unexpected benefit of the vacation—I seem to have rediscovered some writing inspiration for the blog again. I guess that is what sun shine and sleep do to you. I have been in this weird funk after the holidays and nothing felt interesting enough to write about. But now I finally feel like I have found my way again.
Have spent all weekend sorting through my dresser and linen closet. I managed to gather up 5 big bags of garbage and equally many bags for donation. I finally feel like I can breath! Plenty of room for all my things.
Friday, March 2, 2012
I know I have been a little bit of a slacker updating the blog the last week or two, but work has just been taking over all available time. Just sitting in the airport waiting to take off for some much needed R&R in Mexico—current forecast 82 and sunny! I have been waiting for this vacation for weeks.
We'll be spending then next five days on the beach, margarita in hand, just the two of us for our first real vacation alone since Cami was born. A little bitter sweet since we'll miss her like crazy, but a few uninterrupted dinners, naps and late mornings in bed are much needed.
A few pictures of our crazy goofball. We'll miss you cutie pie =)