Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sailing the Seven Seas

Sorry, everyone for the lack of posts the last few days. I know, I know, a blogger is never really on vacation.

Had a great start to my vacation with the most wonderful sail ever. The wind was strong just the way it's supposed to and the sun was shining. Casting off from the moring at Sagamore, past West Harbor, thru the channel and into the open sea. The boat was heeling over so much that the glasses came flying out of the cabinets. We were flying! Once on course toward Connecticut, I crawled up to the bow and let the wind tug in my hair and the waves break over the sides. It's such a wonderful feeling. Someone once told me, you can run away from your problems, but you can sail away from them. So true.

Yacht club appropriate attire: Navy and white striped skirt, Gina Tricot, White tank, GAP, Cardigan in seafoam, J Crew. Unfortunately no heels (my legs look a little stumpy here), sandals with natural colored rubber sole so the boat topside doesn't get scuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails