Monday, September 12, 2011

I Left My Heart in Georgia






















Some pictures from our friends Mike and Jen wedding last weekend. I felt like I was attending one of Jay Gatsby's parties. Boys in white dinner jackets (my favorite!), big band playing, and classic cocktails by the waterfront. Of course, a couple madly in love makes for a lovely celebration too!

I totally fell in love with the bridesmaids' dresses. Cornflower blue silk dresses from J Crew—simple and classic. I have to see if they still sell them! I had one little wardrobe snafu. I showed up at the party in exactly the same dress as another girl. What are the chances of that?! To make it even funnier was that we were seated right next to each other at dinner. But the whole thing ended up being a big conversation starter, and the girl in the identical dress is now my friend Becca in San Fran. At one point we started to walk around telling people that we were in fact the bridesmaids! Funny how hinges turn out sometimes =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails