Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I haven't had tons of time to update the last few days, but here is a quick weekend run down.

Amazing dinner with my girlfriends on Saturday night. We managed to polish off two bottles of champagne in just two and a half hours! So much fun catching up on babies, work and other good stuff.

Sunday excursion in the unseasonable hot weather to an Apple Festival. We were completely overdressed. Black leggings and dark jeans in 85F weather are totally unnecessary. Still managed to fire off the mobile for a few quick photos. We managed to smile and look somewhat happy even while we were melting away!

Got an mail from my brother this morning with a quick complaint that I don't write much about everyday life. the truth is that not much new is happening on the week days. With both of us working everyday and our sweet-pea at the nanny's, everyday looks pretty much the same. Between morning drop offs, commutes, work, evening pick ups, bath time, dinner time and beddy bye bye, we don't have time for much else. We pretty much live for the weekends and what ever we can squeeze into those two short days every week. Some days I wish I didn't have to work and other days I get a thrill from my career—especially now when I got assigned to a huge skin care brand. It's difficult to feel that you don't get to spend enough time with your kid, and on top of that you feel really guilty about it. I have always worked so I would be afraid of going stir crazy around the house. I love being with Cami, but 24/7 kid-time would probably make me go a little nuts. I have this internal debate everyday in my head and I don't anticipate it being resolved anytime soon =)

Getting close to midnight so it's time to go to bed for tonight.

Nighty, night.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails