Monday, August 10, 2009

Seahorses and Unicorns



Had a long beautiful day at the beach on Saturday. The weather was perfect, not too hot, and the water was clear. Ice cold, but clear. 

Amazingly enough, I managed to catch a live seahorse swimming in the surf. I thought I saw something when I was swimming around, and sure enough it was a magical little creature. I didn't even know we had seahorses off he shore of Long Island. Thought it was more of a tropical fish. 

There was a little part of me that wanted to bring it back home, but I know they are endangered and should be left in the wild. I didn't have my camera with me in the water, but I found this photo on the web and it looks just like it. Tiny little thing, not more than an inch and a half. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails