Monday, August 3, 2009

The Heart of Saturday Night


Had such a  great night on Saturday. It was actually so much fun that I forgot to take out the camera, hence no personal pictures. 

We had planned to have my friends Laurie and Heskell over for a BBQ, but the whole thing grew into a dinner party for 10. I'm still not quite sure how that happened!? I was so impressed with myself, keeping my cool and getting enough food, wine and beer together for over twice the people I originally invited. I think I am growing into an extremely easy going person. Three years ago, six unexpected dinner guests would have set me off and I would probably have let them know. But here I am, cool as a cucumber. I must secretly be a domestic diva extraordinaire.

Menu: Marinated London broil, Rosemary and Thyme roasted potatoes, red wine sauce and salad. We had so much alcohol home that my friend likened my fridge to that of a bachelor. 

Evening ended with an awkward moment when my friend Stephen turned his head to kiss me goodbye on my cheek and simultaneously I did the same. Kiss right on the mouth! Neither of us mentioned it. LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails