Thursday, September 10, 2009

Faux Leather Campaign



Synthetic leather has come a long way since the 90s. That plastic looking material that retailers tried to sell was quite horrendous. I used to quickly dismiss anything made in faux leather, reasoning that if I couldn't afford real thing, I would rather pass on the item, than compromise. 

The new generation of synthetic leather looks amazingly real though. I'm actually quite impressed. The product the manufacturers has come up with is pretty darn good. I would say the main draw back is that it won't wear as nicely over the years as the real thing. 

As a shopping rule for myself—real leather is essential for pieces that I'm are planning to keep for years to come, classic jackets etc. Trendy items that I think will last only this season only, I save my money and go for the much cheaper faux product.

Talking about faux leather, a new line from Uniqlo has peeked my interest. This jacket retails for only $59.50. I'm going to try to head down to Uniqlo Soho one of these days and see how it looks in person. Hopefully not a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails